La La Land

On Saturday we were at the pre-premiere of the movie La La Land, and boy what a movie! It was a great story, with great music, dancing and acting. I also liked that they took a jab at what technology is doing to today’s romantic moments. But this isn’t a movie review. There simply was a quote in the movie that I loved, when Emma Stone said:

“People love what other people are passionate about”




That is one of the reasons why I started to write this blog, but in the mix of it all it kind of disappeared. I have been so lucky to find a girl that lifts my life to a level that not even my dreams could imagine. I am living in a city I love, with all that it has to offer. The meaning of this blog isn’t to convince people that my life is perfect, or that everyone should come and live in Paris (Even though that wouldn’t be the worst idea). I decided to write this blog because I am living a life I love, where I am happier than I have ever been, experiencing things I never imagined possible. By sharing what I am doing, what I like about what I am doing, and share my passionate about going for my dreams, I hope to inspire you guys to go after what you want. I hope that people will like reading this blog, and take the chances needed in order to live a life they are passionate about.
Just the other day I met with one of my former professors here in Paris, and he told me about this new teacher at the school that they simple had to hire because of how passionate he was about the things he was talking about.

One thing I can vouch for is that just because you have done something for a long time doesn’t necessarily mean that it is what you have dreamed of. We´ve all seen the movies where the main character gets sick of his or her boring job and decides to follow his/her dream. I used to love playing handball, and I did that for many years. However, towards the end I didn’t love it as much as I used to. I realised that I wanted to spend my time differently and do something else. I still like handball, and love watching it, but I am glad I decided to go in another direction. I believe that we learn new things as long as we live, and I sure know that I have much yet to learn. That is why it is important to go after something you are passionate about. Because if you are only passionate about the future you will never truly appreciate the present as you will always be looking for more things.
This blog is to try to show people how passionate we are about what we are doing right now and at the same time show that things don’t go exactly as planned, but that’s part of the journey. As Paolo Coelho wrote: “It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”


Ps. Norway made it to the semi-finals of the world cup in handball, so tune in on Friday night (European time) to watch the game. We will be at the game with some of my friends from back home. Heia Norge!

Comments

Popular posts