Parents in town

Last weekend was Thomas’ weekend. This weekend my parents are visiting from Norway.
They’ve been here a couple of times before, so the time has so far been spent to see those places they haven’t seen yet. Yesterday we went to Galeries Lafayette before walking to Palais-Royal and walking around in the streets in order to get to Centre Pompidou at Châtelet. 

On the top of Galeries Lafayette with my dad

Today we’ve been walking around in Jardin du Luxembourg and around the Oberkampf area. It was a little bit strange to see all the political demonstrations going on around at République, Oberkampf and Bastille. Over the years here in Paris we’ve gotten used to all the protests, however, it is still unusual for me to see these strong demonstrations regarding elections. In Norway and Sweden, although the political parties have different agendas, they are still pretty similar (most of them) compared to the different views between the political parties in countries like France and Turkey. Of course, it is nice to see how engaged people are in the politics, although I’m not that engaged myself.

Breakfast in the making

And the result

Tonight, we went to Olivier Giraud’s one man show: “How to become Parisian in one hour?” It was a great show and he was dead-on with his impressions of the typical Parisian.
I don’t want to write too much about the show, but I highly recommend you to watch it next time you’re in Paris.





Other than what we’ve done so far this weekend it is really nice to see how well Simay and my parents are getting along. It is almost at the level now that whenever I talk to them, the first question they ask is: “How is Simay?” I don’t mind this at all. First of all because it is so nice to see that they also see how great of a girl she is. Although I don’t see how anyone could ever fail to see that. Second, it means that I don’t have to talk too much, especially about myself. Simay always tells me: Why don’t you say anything other than “ok”, “nice”, “good”, when you’re on the phone?!

Tomorrow we are planning to go to Montmartre, walk in the streets there and look at the view of Paris, before my parents have to go to the airport. Luckily, we will see them again in a little over 2 weeks, when they are coming to Istanbul for the first time to meet Simay’s parents and the rest of her closest ones, as well as see the city where she grew up.

Comments

Popular posts