Brighter days

Summer is finally here. Even though it is probably going to rain at the end of this week, we finally got another look at the weather that is waiting for us in the coming months. I took the RER (train) out to ESSEC (in Cergy) yesterday, and as we were rushing through the outskirts of Paris I truly saw how much more beautiful this part of France is when the weather is nice and the nature is in full bloom. It is almost as if it is a whole other country.
When you take the lifting feeling that summer weather gives you mixed with the relief and happiness that came with Macron’s victory on Sunday, and you can truly imagine how amazing life in Paris is at the moment. What truly makes me smile more than the fact that Macron got 65% of the votes in the election, is the fact that 90% of the voters in Paris voted for Macron. It kind of makes me want to give everyone I meet in the streets a huge smile. It truly meant a lot for me, and I can’t even imagine how good it must feel for people that have been used as a target in this election by Le Pen. It shows that Paris is for everyone who wants to be here, and that every French citizen, no matter where you come from, or what religion you have, can call him- or herself French, a Parisian.


I feel that I am filled with optimism. I am making it to the gym 4-5 times per week, I am getting up on time, studying both for school and French. I am also getting closer to graduating, in a little over 1 month I will be done with my masters and ready to take on new challenges. It is truly an exciting time right now, and I hope the weather will stay warm and nice like the last couple of days so that I can get back to my obstacle course in Bois de Boulogne.



Comments

Popular posts