The week that passed

Hi everyone!
As you might have noticed, I didn’t write a post on Wednesday. I apologize for that. So, in today’s post I will give you a quick recap of the most important things that happened this week.

Wednesday, May 17th, was the Norwegian Constitution Day. I started the day like I have the last couple of years, with a Facetime call with my guys from back home. It’s always nice to see the guys for what might be only 5-10 minutes. To see how they’re all doing during the breakfast. For those of you who don’t know; on the 17th of May, its normal for us to start the day with what we call a “Champagne breakfast”. Usually everyone brings some kind of food, and we make sure to have some bubbles in our glass. This year, I think my guys started as early as 7.30 am. Simay and I had our own version of "champagne breakfast" this year. Simay made Norwegian waffles for the first time, and we had some wine (not champagne). After my usual French class with Pierre in the morning, we went to the Bois de Boulogne to have a picnic and relax, with Erika. It was after all 28 degrees that day.




Yesterday, it was finally time for us to go to one of the places we’ve dreamed of going for over 2 years now: Giverny. In Giverny lies the garden of Claude Monet. The garden worked as a source of inspiration for his works towards the end of his career. Giverny is only 45 minutes from Gare Saint-Lazare, in Paris. It was an amazing garden. It was amazing to see all the different places, and recognize different motives that he painted. Walking back from Giverny to Vernon, where the train station is, we sort of felt like we were at the set of the new Beauty and the Beast movie. The houses looked exactly like the houses in Belle’s village.

After having found out that one of my lookalikes lives in Vernon, it was time for us to get back to Paris. Filled with new great memories from yet another great trip.








-->

Comments

Popular posts